Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online -


St Francis of Assisi


69. ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI, Bournville (Linden Rd.), is a red brick building designed by W. A. Harvey of Birmingham in the Romanesque style and comprising chancel, nave and baptistery. In 1913 a hall here was dedicated as a mission of St. Mary's, Selly Oak. A Conventional District was attached to it in 1915, and in 1926 a parish was assigned out of St. Mary's, Selly Oak, St. Nicolas's, King's Norton, St. Laurence's, Northfield, and St. Agnes's, Moseley. The present church was consecrated in 1925; the living has been a vicarage in the gift of the bishop since 1925. The parish was enlarged in 1933 by the addition of further parts of St. Mary's and St. Laurence's. A mission room at Woodland Park was transferred from St. Laurence's to St. Francis's in 1929, and remained in use until the Second World War. 




This is a Grade II listed building whose record can be found on the


Historic England website -