Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
96. ST. MARY, Selly Oak (Bristol Rd.), a building designed by E. Holmes in the Decorated style and comprising chancel, nave, transepts, and tower with spire containing eight bells and a clock, was consecrated in 1861, as a chapel of ease to St. Laurence's, Northfield. (fn. 20) A parish was assigned out of St. Laurence's in 1862; (fn. 21) parts of it were taken to form the parishes of St. Stephen, Selly Hill (1892), and St. Wulstan, Selly Oak (1911), and to be parts of the parishes of St. Francis, Bournville (1926), and St. Gabriel, Weoley Castle (1933); further parts were transferred to St. Francis's in 1933. (fn. 22) The living, a perpetual curacy from 1862 and a vicarage from 1868, is in the gift of public trustees. (fn. 23) St. Wulstan's mission church was consecrated as St. Wulstan's church in 1906 (see no. 125), and the Bournville mission church as St. Francis's church in 1925 (see no. 69); other places licensed for public worship are the Bishop Gore Church Hall (since 1939), St. Brigid's House, Weoley Park (1946-52), the College of Ascension (since 1946), the Selly Oak Hospital (since 1954), and the Industrial Christian Fellowship Training College, Weoley Park Rd. (since 1954). (fn. 24)
This is a Grade II listed building whose record can be found on the
Historic England website - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1075729.